What is more perfect to celebrate the last month of summer than with a summertime spicy peach galette? Our friend and fan of Red Clay, Amanda Frederickson, founder of Radish and author of Simple Beautiful Food, whipped up this sweet & spicy recipe that adds a little kick of spice to your fruity summertime desserts. Check out her video here.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs. Red Clay Spicy Peach Honey
- kosher salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lbs, assorted summertime fruit (such as stone fruit and berries) thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 round of pie dough (this is my favorite recipe)
- Egg wash
- Sprinkle of turbinado sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse together the almonds, spicy peach honey, pinch of salt, and egg until it forms the consistency of peanut butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the sliced fruit as well as the lemon zest and juice, sugar, pinch of salt, and cornstarch.
- On a clean lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough into a diameter of approximately 12 - 14” . Using the back of a rolling pin, transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the almond frangipane filling in a single layer on the pie dough leave a 2” border free. Pile the fruit on top of the frangipane and pleat the pie dough border up and over the sides of the dough.
- Brush the edges of the pie dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbling and edges are golden brown. Let the galette cool for about 15 minutes.
- While the galette is baking, pour heavy cream and remaining spicy peach honey into a bowl. Using a hand mixer or whisk, beat the cream until it forms soft peaks, about 1 minute.
- Serve the galette warm with a dollop of whipped cream on top.