If you haven't tried Spicy Red Mash
, say hello to your newest best friend in your spice cabinet. The smoky-but-sweet tomato-based spice makes for a flavorful BBQ rub that is undeniably perfect for pork sammies.
- 8-10# shoulder, boned and diced
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- ½ cup Red Mash
- ¼ c Kosher Salt
- Season pork shoulder with Red Mash and kosher salt.
- Add into a pot/slow cooker with liquid and cook until tender (~4 hours).
- Serve with Hawaiian rolls and alongside pickles, sliced Manchego, mustard and Red Clay Conserve.