This incredible dish was the crème de la crème of the Red Clay Crew's early fall lunch that had everyone licking their forks and fingers. For the lovers of flavorful spice, this one is for you. With a sauce like this fresh romesco, there is no such thing as too much!
- 2 heads Bradford Cabbage (or a different heirloom or conical variety. The flavor of these cabbages are so much better than standard varietals. When preparing dishes simply, the quality of ingredients selected play a major impact!), quartered)
- 1 cup cherry or diced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup Carolina Hot Sauce
- ½ cup cashews, almonds, or hazelnuts, toasted
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- TT Spicy Peach Honey
- TT Kosher Salt
- For the Romesco, add tomatoes, garlic, and Carolina Hot Sauce into the blender and puree.
- Add in toasted nuts and puree. Slowly drizzle in olive oil to thicken and set aside.
- For the cabbage, blanch the quartered sections in boiling, salted water until al dente. Shock in ice bath and pat dry.
- In a cast iron pan, sear the sides of the cabbage in a heavy bottom/cast iron pan until caramelized.
- Serve cabbage on top of the fresh romesco, and garnish with Peach Hot Honey, toasted nuts, and fresh, soft herbs (like parsley)