Charleston's incredibly talented Chef Rodney Gray Jr.
came over to Co-Founder Molly's house and we were lucky enough to enjoy his cooking in her own kitchen. This bringing together of entrepreneurial people over food and conversation was undeniably powerful. Chef Rodney shared this seriously delicious recipe of the perfect crab cake over fresh arugula salad and drizzled in his special Claioli that everyone needs in their life.
- Crab Cake-
- 2 Lbs of Lump Crab Meat
- 1 1/2 Cups of Foccacia breadcrumbs
- Dash of smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1/4 cup Mayonaise
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons of Charleston Harbor
- Zest of a lemon
- Arugala Salad-
- Herbed balsamic dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cup mayo
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Carolina Red Clay Hot Sauce.
- Add Roasted Garlic, mayo, blend with a hand mixer or by hand. Add hot sauce until a smooth consistency is reached
- Combine the crab meat and fillers together and form into palm-sized patties (My hands are big so you may need to make yours bigger)
- Pro Tip: Feel free to sub whatever breadcrumbs you have, I work in an Italian kitchen so I use what is available to me.
- Pro Trip: A neat trick that I learned is to form your patties and give them a gentle toss before allowing them to rest. A little pressure when forming them helps too. Add more breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup at a time until a firm consistency is reached.
- Pan sear on both sides until a golden-brown crust is formed and cook until thoroughly heated in the oven for 10–15 minutes on 375.
- Serve on top of Arugala salad or greens of your choice. Top with Claioli