Red Clay is all about sweet and spicy, which is exactly what you get with shishito peppers! Did you know that 1 in 10 shishito peppers are pretty spicy, while the other 9 are sweet and mild? You could even call it a game of pepper roulette. This recipe of blistered shishito peppers it taken up a notch with the ultimate condiment: Red Clay Hot Pepper Conserve
- Pint Shishitos
- 3 oz Red Clay Conserve
- T Anson Mills Benne Seeds, toasted
- TT Fresh Mint
- 2 oz Buttermilk Dressing (optional)
- If making a dressing, 1 cup sour cream/crème fraiche, 1 T Buttermilk, and 1 t lemon juice.
- In a hot cast iron, blister shsishitos until just done.
- To serve, add base of buttermilk dressing and plate the shishitos on top.
- Spoon over Red Clay Conserve, and top with mint and toasted benne.