An elevated take on our favorite childhood breakfast, this french toast stack gets a layered flavor from fresh and caramelized peaches and a drizzle of Spicy Peach Honey.
For Caramelized Peaches:
- 4 fresh ripe peaches, pealed and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
For French Toast
- Peel and slice peaches.
- In a bowl, toss together peaches, maple syrup (or brown sugar), cinnamon and sea salt.
- Place a skillet on medium heat, add butter. When melted, add peaches.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer for 5-6 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add vanilla, stir and remove from heat. While peaches cook, make French toast.
For French Toast:
- Slice bread 1" thick.
- Place eggs and almond milk in a small bowl and whisk.
- Place a large pan on medium heat, add butter and allow to melt.
- When butter and pan are hot, dip each piece of bread into almond milk/egg mixture and place in pan.
- Cook until first side is golden brown, flip bread and cook other side until golden.
- Remove from pan and top with caramelized peaches. Top with Spicy Peach Honey.