Red Clay has a thing for desserts. We especially love elevating traditional desserts— such as a classic fruit tart—with out attention-grabbing Red Clay Hot Honey
. It truly compliments the sweet and tartness while adding a hint of heat to compliment. You have to give this one a try.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Red Clay Hot Honey, divided
- 16 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 4 (3-inch) prebaked tart shells
- 1 lb. fresh Celeste or black mission figs
- 1/4 cup Oliver Farm Green Peanut Oil
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Put the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add a half cup Red Clay Hot Honey and beat until incorporated.
- Add the mascarpone and beat lightly until just mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a round tip and pipe it into the tart shells.
- Slice the figs and arrange on top.
- Drizzle with the reserved Red Clay Hot Honey and the peanut oil, garnish with the mint, and serve.
Recipe for Charleston Magazine, "A Saucy Celebration with Red Clay Hot Sauce." Photography by Peter Frank Edwards.