Fall is here, so it's time to get cozy in the kitchen and bake. This Pear Tarte Tatin drizzled in Hot Honey and paired with your favorite vanilla ice cream is absolutely addictive. Thank you, Chef Geoff, for this perfect fall dessert.
- 3 pears
- 1/2 bottle Red Clay Hot Honey
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond slices, toasted
- Peel pears and half. Place the cut side down and make slices 1/4" thick.
- In an 8" pie pan, empty half of the Hot Honey bottle into the pan.
- Arrange pear slices around in a pinwheel fashion
- Cut the puff pastry to fit over the top of the pears and brush with egg wash
- Bake at 400 degrees
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then flip the tarte out
- Garnish with toasted almonds and serve with vanilla ice cream