What's a lovely dinner party without a delectable main dish of roasted pork loin? Pork lovers meet complimenting flavor- your new best friend! Come November you, too, can serve it with some Red Clay Pepper Jelly.
- 4 lb. boneless pork loin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. fine dice shallots
- 1 Tbs. orange zest
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Season the pork loin generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear it in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for about three minutes a side, until golden brown on all sides.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook the loin until it registers 145°F when tested in the middle with a digital thermometer.
- Combine the chopped herbs, shallots, and orange zest. Stir in the oil to make the gremolata.
- Remove the pork from oven, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork, spoon the gremolata over the top. Come November you, too, can serve it with some Red Clay Pepper Jelly.
Recipe for Charleston Magazine, "A Saucy Celebration with Red Clay Hot Sauce." Photography by Peter Frank Edwards.