Nutritious and delicious - this spring frittata with asparagus, leek, mozzarella cheese, and Verde hot sauce is perfect for slow mornings.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 leek
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz Red Clay Verde
- 2 T Fresh Herbs (Italian flat leaf parsley, chives)
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 3 oz olive oil
- T kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350. Slice asparagus and leeks. Toss with 1 oz of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- In a mixing bowl, paddle mozzarella cheese on medium with fresh herbs and Verde until incorporated. Scrape down sides of the bowl, turn back on and slowly temper in heavy cream. Paddle for 1 minute and stop.
- Turn oven down to 300. In a 10”-12” nonstick skillet, gently sauté the onions in the remaining 2 oz of oil.
- When tender (don’t caramelize), add asparagus and leeks. Add in dozen eggs and salt.
- With a spatula, gently stir the egg mixture around while setting the outside of the frittata. Put in the oven and bake 15 minutes or until middle is set.
- Slide onto a serving platter and top the frittata with spooned out mozzarella cheese mixture.
- Serve a sidecar of the Red Clay Verde for those that like it hot!