Now this recipe is so good I could eat it for dinner every night (or lunch... or a snack). The buttery flavor and our Hot Honey mixed in with the famous sweet potato is destined to please everyone.
- 4 sweet potatoes, about 3/4 lb. each
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Red Clay Hot Honey
- 2 Tbs. minced chives
- Red Clay Spicy Everything, optional, available in 2021
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle. While still warm, slice them open and scoop out the flesh.
- Place the flesh in a stand mixer with the whip attachment, add the butter and honey, and whip until incorporated.
- Stuff the mixture back into the sweet potato jackets and bake for six to eight minutes, or until hot through.
- Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with chives and Red Clay Spicy Everything, and serve.
Recipe for Charleston Magazine, "A Saucy Celebration with Red Clay Hot Sauce." Photography by Peter Frank Edwards.