In honor of National Taco Day (October 4), we've got a killer steak taco recipe for you. We keep the seasonings simple and let our Verde Hot Sauce bring the flavor punch. Pair these tacos with our Down 'n Dirty Guacamole (we're talking three ingredients, y'all) for a full fiesta.
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 Tbsp Verde
- Juice of 1 lime
- Rub the steak with the cumin, salt, and garlic powder. Pour over Verde sauce + lime juice and place in ziplock bag. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (up to 4 hours).
- If using grill: Heat grill to medium high heat. While the grill is heating, take steak out of refrigerator to let come to room temperature. Cook steak for 2 minutes on each side, until medium rare.
- If using cast iron skillet: Let steak come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Heat the skillet over medium high heat with a tbsp of oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the steak. Cook each side for 2 minutes, until medium rare.
- Take steak off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. With a sharp knife, slice thin strips at an angle.
- Assemble the tacos: fill a corn tortilla with a few slices of steak and your desired toppings—sautéed red onion and bell peppers, guacamole, cojita cheese, cilantro, lime, and of course, more Verde!